Skip to content

Services not provided

We do not offer the following:

  • Treatment for HIV.  This is provided by the Brecon Unit at Southmead hospital.  We work very closely with the staff there and can make referrals if required.
  • The contraceptive pill to delay your period, for this you need to speak to your GP
  • Human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination.  The HPV vaccine is offered to girls aged 12 and 13 as part of the NHS childhood vaccination programme (However please note –  gay and bisexual men under the age of 46 can access HPV vaccination as part of national trial – please see Vaccinations page)
  • Fertility treatment (for people who may be having problems getting pregnant), for this you need to speak to your GP
  • Antenatal care (care during pregnancy) for this you need to speak to your GP who will arrange for you to see the midwife and other specialists who will be able to look after you during pregnancy
  • Cervical cytology screening (Smear Tests) -Cervical smears should be done by your GP/ practice nurse. If they have difficulty in obtaining a smear they should refer you to the gynaecology service. We do have a limited number of appointments for cervical smears for trans and  non-binary people who would prefer to attend our service, and also for people without a GP or are unable to access their GP.
  • Colposcopy (procedure to find out whether a woman has abnormal cells on or in her cervix or vagina).  A colposcopy is usually carried out in a hospital outpatient clinic.  You will be referred by a doctor if they think you may need the procedure, e.g. if your cervical screening test shows abnormal cells
  • Menopause treatment – you will need to see your GP or be referred by your GP to a specialist menopause provider
  • Blood type (blood group) – Tests for blood groups are not routinely offered on the NHS. Your blood group will be tested if you give blood, have an operation, donate an organ for transplant, donate blood, need a blood transfusion or are pregnant
  • Flu jabs (influenza vaccination) – you will need to speak to your GP
  • Hepatitis vaccination or testing for work or travel purposes – you will need to speak to your GP
  • Travel vaccinations – you will need to speak to your GP
  • Treatment for a non-life-threatening medical emergency – please call the NHS 111 service (dial 111)
  • Addiction to Pornography – please see advice page on pornography

Locate a confidential service

Find your local Pharmacy or Clinic and book a confidential appointment.

Online Accounts

Find out More

Please provide feedback on our website