Skip to content

Domestic violence and abuse – advice

What can I do if I have been affected by domestic violence and abuse?

Domestic violence and abuse is not acceptable. It will be taken seriously if it is reported to the police or other agencies or in the course of a medical consultation.

If you or your family are in immediate danger, or have a physical injury, call the police or emergency services immediately on 999.

There are many organisations that can help. They can help with a range of issues from crisis intervention, advocacy, housing, to safety planning.  See the links below.

If you know someone who is affected by domestic violence or abuse, you can report this anonymously to Crimestoppers. See the link below.

Useful Links for help

Crimestoppers: you can report domestic violence or abuse anonymously on Freephone Number 0800 555 111

Next Link: crisis support and temporary supported housing for women and children experiencing abuse.

National Domestic Abuse helpline: freephone 24-Hour helpline 0808 2000 247, for women experiencing domestic violence, their family, friends, and people calling on their behalf.

Bristol Against Violence and Abuse: contains links to help

Bristol City Council: this page has links to lots of useful information.

Locate a confidential service

Find your local Pharmacy or Clinic and book a confidential appointment.

Order a testing kit

Worried about STIs or other sexual health problems? You can request a confidential free home testing kit.

Find out More

Please provide feedback on our website