We offer a range of CONFIDENTIAL services including:
- Free testing, advice and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- All types of contraception including emergency contraception and free condoms
- Hepatitis A & B and HPV vaccinations for those eligible
- HIV testing and referral as needed
- PEPSE (Post Exposure Prophylaxis following Sexual Exposure to HIV) and PrEP monitoring and information on PrEP
- Consultation for people who have been sexually assaulted
- Specialised clinics, including complex contraception, women’s hormonal problems, pelvic pain, chronic non-specific urethritis, and gay men’s sessions (Archies clinic)
- Telephone advice for public and professionals
Monday: Doors Open 07:30am till 7:00pm (Walk In Session – 08.00am till 4.00pm)
Tuesday: Doors Open 08:30am till 4:00pm (Walk In Session – 09.00am till 4.00pm)
Wednesday: Doors Open 07:30am till 7:00pm (Walk In Session – 08.00am till 12.00pm)
Thursday: Doors Open 08:30am till 4:00pm (Walk In Session – 09.00am till 4.00pm)
Friday: Doors Open 07:30am till 1:00pm (Walk In Session – 08.00am till 12.00pm)
Saturday: Doors Open 08:45am till 12:00pm (Walk In Session – 09.00am till 12.00pm)
If you want to check if appointments are available, the booking line is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am and Saturday from 9:30am on 0117 342 6900
If you do not have symptoms and just want a check-up you can request a Postal Kit here
For travel information to this clinic we recommend Google Maps or TravelWest
Attend Central Health Clinic in person any day (Mon-Sat) to receive a time slot to be seen that day. The available slots start 30 mins after the advertised opening time for that day. These sessions are very busy and if all slots are filled you may not be able to be seen that day.
If a time slot is available there are 3 different ways you could be seen – this depends on what you tell us you need on your triage form and what time you attend;
- You may be offered a “walk-in slot” on the same day and be given treatment/advice as needed.
- You may be seen in a “short” appointment first, and then have results via text.
- You may be seen in a “short” appointment first, then be offered a follow-up appointment for further tests and/or treatment later the same day or the next day.
On the day appointments
On Mondays and Wednesdays you can call our booking line on 0117 342 6900 to get an “on the day” appointment for the same day/evening. The booking line is open from 8:30am.
(January 2020 – sorry we cannot offer text appointments at the moment)