Information on what services are currently available
Unity Sexual Health Services
For contraception and sexual health the main contact telephone number is 0117 342 6900.
The telephone lines are open::
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8.30am – 5pm
- Wednesday: 8.30am – 2pm; 3pm – 5pm (closed between 14.00-15.00 for staff training)
- Friday: 8.30am – 1pm
- Saturday: 9am – 12pm
Please bear in mind, our services are extremely busy and our initial telephone triage appointments can be filled early in the day. At Unity@Central we run a triage-first system.
At present we are not offering routine cryotherapy (freezing treatment) for warts.
Appointments may be offered at:
- Central Health Clinic (BS2 0JD)
- Unity@Concord (BS34 6BQ)
- Unity@South Bristol Community Hospital (BS14 0DE)
- Unity@Cossham (BS15 1LF)
- Unity@Yate (BS37 4AX) – WESTGATE CENTRE, 21 WEST WALK, BS37 4AX **NEW – all age appointments between 13:00 and 15:30 every Thursday**
WISH Clinic (Weston-Super-Mare)
If you wish to make an appointment or to speak to someone at the clinic in Weston-Super-Mare, call WISH Clinic on 01934 881234.
The WISH Clinic is currently carrying out telephone consultations with the specialist nurses and consultant. If the outcome of the telephone consultation is that you are required to be seen then a face to face appointment will be arranged for you by the member of the team that you speak to. We are sorry, but we are not currently accepting sit and wait patients.
Unfortunately it is not possible for WISH staff to book appointments at Central Health Clinic or any Unity community clinics. Our telephone lines are usually busy, but we do work through the calls and messages as quickly as we can. If you cannot get through when you first call, then please try again later. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Brook (for under 20s)
Brook opening times are:
- Monday – Thursday 12pm – 7pm
- Friday – Saturday 12pm – 5pm
Young People’s Clinics
For under 25s only and are booked appointments or walk-in. Please call 0117 342 6900 to book an appointment if desired:
- Amelia Nutt (BS13 8QA) Mondays 3.15 – 5.45pm
- Southmead (BS10 6DF) Mondays 3 – 5.30pm
- Lawrence Weston (BS11 0QE) Tuesdays 3 – 5.30pm
- South Bristol Community Hospital (BS14 0DE) Wednesdays 4 – 6.30pm
- Concord (BS34 6BQ) Wednesdays 3 – 5.30 pm
- Clevedon (BS21 6DG) Thursdays 6.15 – 8.15 pm
- Yate (BS37 4AX) Thursdays 4-6pm
It is possible our clinics may need to be closed at short notice. Please continue to check our website for future service updates.
Clinics for people without symptoms
- Common Ambition clinic – Charlotte Keel Medical Practice (BS5 0UA) and Montpelier Health Centre (BS6 5PT) – Walk in (no appointment needed)
Unity run a monthly sexual health clinic for African and Caribbean heritage communities.
Charlotte Keel– Last Thursday of every month 1:30-5pm
Montpelier – First Thursday of every month 1.30pm- 6pm
- THT@Unity clinic – East Trees Health Centre (BS5 6SD)
Terrence Higgins Trust run a weekly sexual health clinic at East Trees Health Centre for anyone without symptoms.
Every Monday 9.30am-3pm
Alternate Thursdays 9.30am-3pm
- Upcoming dates – 9 Nov, 23 Nov, 7 Dec, 21 Dec
This is a walk-in clinic (no appointment needed) for advice, testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, blood testing for HIV, syphilis, Hepatitis B & C, and free condoms and lube.
Please note no examinations or prescriptions for medicine can be provided at this clinic.
Unity vending machines
Unity has vending machines across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. These machines dispense STI test kits and HIV point-of-care tests. These are free to use.
They are available at the following locations:
Hamilton House, Bristol, BS1 3QY
- Opening times: Mon-Sun 8.30am-12am.
Watershed, Bristol, BS1 5TX
- Opening times: Mon 5pm-10pm, Tues-Fri 9.30am-10.30pm, Sat 10am-11pm, Sun 10am-10pm
Willow Brook, South Gloucestershire, BS32 8EF
- Opening times: Mon-Sat 6am-12am, Sun 10am-4pm
Sovereign Centre, North Somerset, BS23 1HL
- Opening times: Mon-Sat 9am-5.30pm, Sun 10.30am-4.30pm
Locate a confidential service
Find your local Pharmacy or Clinic and book a confidential appointment.